The Contemporary Artist collection is a set of impeccable designs exclusively from the build shop at BlueHaus. Using carefully chosen materials and built to the highest industry standard, these mallets are premiere tools for musical expression in the hands of advanced students and professional performers.
The custom design features of the Contemporary Artist collection have been absorbed by the new BlueHaus Mallets custom build site. There, you can design marimba and vibraphone mallets to your specifications, see the mallet you’ve built, and hear it played on marimba and vibraphone. It’s a new way of thinking about making keyboard percussion mallets, and a new way of connecting with players. The custom build website is up and running, so if you’re looking to purchase a HAUS SELECT pair of Contemporary Artist marimba or vibraphone mallets, please contact us and we’ll get your order built.
- 100% all natural Hemp yarn. Wet spun long fiber hemp is used to wrap these beautiful mallets. It’s strong, durable, natural, and an obvious choice for a mallet company that doesn’t just make mallets differently; we make them better.
- Cast rubber core – Ball Shape. We build the forms that are used to cast the mallet heads onto the handles. Form casting the cores directly onto the handle creates a mallet that is unified and cohesive in its feel and performance. This design choice is key to understanding what lies at the heart of BlueHaus mallet making – We build mallets rather than simply assemble parts.
- 42cm x 8mm American Hickory handles. Offering a great strength to weight ratio, hickory is common among drumstick makers, and now BlueHaus brings hickory to the keyboard mallet universe. Our handles are sealed with a natural oil-based polyurethane that is applied and finished by hand. Also available in Birch.
- 100% all natural Hemp yarn. We make mallets with depth and personality, and our use of hemp yarn is unique in the mallet making world. It’s strong, durable, light, and resilient. Our goal is to be more than a mallet maker that does things differently. We make mallets that engage your creativity and express your passion. Wrapped in Midnight Blue.
- Cast rubber core – Mushroom shape. We build the forms that are used to cast the mallet heads onto the handles. Form casting the cores directly onto the handle creates a mallet that is unified and cohesive in its feel and performance. This design choice is key to understanding what lies at the heart of BlueHaus mallet making – We build mallets rather than simply assemble parts.
- 40cm x 10mm Rattan handles This may be the most traditional feature of all our mallet designs, but also a sign that we respect tradition as well as embrace innovation. The grip and flex characteristics of a rattan handle on a vibraphone mallet are well known to players and we think it’s important to match that expectation, but there’s more to expect from BlueHaus. In an amazing synthesis of materials, BlueHaus has designed a rattan handle that incorporates a carbon fiber core resulting in the most responsive and resilient vibe mallet in production.